This post has been inspired by TutuAmes-26 before 26 – I loved her 26 before 26 so much that it inspired me to come up with my own.
Today I turn 29 – I have to admit my life is pretty perfect right now. My baby is healthy, happy & developing well. My husband has settled into his new job & although very busy, appears to be really enjoying it, and I have adjusted to live in this new town equally well. (more about the big move in later posts)
All this perfection is no reason to stop dreaming though. There is so much more that I want to achieve in my life, my dreams now include my little family & some of them are so much bigger than I could even imagine. So here goes – a list of 30 things I would like to achieve in the next 12 months!
- Buy a house (one for us to live in this time!)
- Get pregnant again
- Return to paid work
- Run a half marathon (eek!)
- Run 5kms regularly
- Read 10 books just for ME (no baby books to be counted!)
- Blog regularly
- Have a holiday with the family
- Take photos everyday (365 day project)
- Share those photos with others
- Keep Emily’s baby journal & 365day book updated – can’t just rely on memories
- Do something special for our 2nd wedding anniversary
- Help someone out without being asked
- Join the gym
- Enrol Em in swimming lessons
- Try 30 new wines!
- Get my skin looked at for melanoma
- Sew a dress for Emily
- Swim at the beach
- Enter 30 blog competitions
- Make tomato sauce from our veggie garden produce
- Do 30 pushups on my toes without stopping
- Attend a Maggie Beer cooking class
- Have 30 Tech-free days over the year (so this is 2-3per month)
- Get Emily baptised
- Get tested for food allergens/insensitivities
- Plant fruit trees at the new house
- Establish a veggie garden at the new house
- Put fresh flowers in my kitchen at least once each month
- Learn more about breastfeeding & study to become a lactation consultant
So there they all are – 30 things to do before I turn 30 on the 19th October 2012. I will keep you updated & tick them off as I go.
Do you have a ‘bucket or to-do list”? Let me know your top things that you want to do before your next milestone birthday.