I often post photos on instagram and twitter of my daily green juices. It is one of my ‘secret weapons’ designed to boost my immunity, increase my nutrition and of course provide a quick healthy breakfast.
Green Juices were recommended to me by my health coach Jo (that’s her advertisement in my side bar). In my very first coaching session with Jo we were discussing how when life gets busy I tend to resort to simple, quick grab meals such as home made pizza or pasta. Meals I know that my toddler will eat without too much fuss. Some nights I’m too tired to want to battle the girl to eat.
Jo’s blog post about Rocking the Ripple (as she calls it) is a great read. My green juice recipe is similar to hers:
- · Handful of Kale
- · ¼ of a cucumber (chopped)
- · ¼ of an avocado (chopped)
- · 1 Green Apple (chopped)
- · another piece of fruit (I love mango, banana or frozen berries)
- · Tablespoon of chia seeds
- · Teaspoon of Spirilina
- · 1 can of coconut water
- · Chop Apple, Fruit, Avocado & Cucumber& place in blender
- · Throw in Kale in blender
- · Add in spirilina & chia seeds
- · Add coconut water (this is not essential but it really helps with the blending)
- · Place lid firmly on the blender
- · And blend for 2 mins.
- · I sometimes have to give my blender a shake to get everything combined
- · Drink!
This is usually enough for about 2 glasses, so I have one first thing in the morning, give Worm a little glass, and either the Farmer has a glass or I take the balance to work. I have found that it keeps in the fridge for about 48 hours so if I forget to drink it one day I’ll go back the next.