Seeing as we are now 250 days into my 29th year I thought a quick update as to how I was tracking with my 30 by 30 list was in order.
As I updated this last night I was so surprised at my progress, it hasn’t been front of mind & so I havent being crossing them off mindfully. There are a couple of absolute disasters – Worm’s baby book for example is non-existant! Also we are no longer planning on purchasing a house in the next year, but on the whole everything else has been started.
1. Buy a house (one for us to live in this time!) – Still outstanding and to be honest is no longer on our priority list, recent events have taken this out of our control and it looks like we will be returning to employer supplied housing shortly.
2. Get pregnant again – there is still time! I have only just started to have a cycle again so maybe in the next few months this will happen, or maybe not, I am not sure what the rush is!
3. Return to paid work – DONE!
4. Run a half marathon (eek!) – this is a big EEK – I have registered and paid for the Blackmores half marathon in September, so this is going to happen.
5. Run 5kms regularly – DONE! 5 kms is now my staple run which I try to do a couple of times per week. With the Farmer recently away with work, my running has been put on the backburner, I find it very difficult to run before or after work on the treadmill. I hope to get back into this more regularly soon.
6. Read 10 books just for ME (no baby books to be counted!) Getting there! I have read 4
7. Blog regularly apart from the recent few months I have been pretty good at this and am starting to be more involved with PR companies which is fun & exciting
8. Have a holiday with the family – not yet, and not on the horizon
9. Take photos everyday (365 day project), most days I take photos, though I have stopped listing them with a day number, most recently the photos of Worm in the bath or eating dinner have been my favourites
10. Share those photos with others – whatever photos I take usually end up on instagram and so I guess this counts.
11. Keep Emily’s baby journal & 365day book updated – can’t just rely on memories – FAILURE!! People warned me that whatever I did for the first baby I would have to replicate for any subsequent children, we that’s going to be easy, because I have nothing done at all – I am working on a photo book to commemorate her first year, (as I have a scoopon) so I will include milestones in that
12. Do something special for our 2nd wedding anniversary we were blessed enough to be at a friends wedding on our 2nd wedding anniversary, the lovely Glass House Mountains in Queensland was the backdrop, and it was wonderful to witness them start their married life together.
13. Help someone out without being asked – I’ve done this
14. Join the gym – NOPE – I have however done more exercise at home and running so there was no need to join the gym
15. Enrol Em in swimming lessons – Done – she loves them! It has become a regular Saturday morning family activity
16. Try 30 new wines! Done! (Easily- living in one of the countries premier wine regions has many advantages)
17. Get my skin looked at for melanoma – I asked my GP for a referral however he said that it wasn’t required and looked at the couple I was concerned with. I would probably like a more through check up, but this was ok for now
18. Sew a dress for Emily – yeah right – I have no idea what I was thinking of here!
19. Swim at the beach –
20. Enter 30 blog competitions – I haven’t kept up with how many I have entered, however I’m sure this is either completed or well underway.
21. Make tomato sauce from our veggie garden produce – DONE! We had a bumper harvest I made 2 batches of sauce, oven dried many kilos and used the Thermomix to puree plenty for use in bolognaise or other recipes.
22. Do 30 pushups on my toes without stopping – I can do 3 now, and 35 in a minute on my knees, so this is a work in progress still.
23. Attend a Maggie Beer cooking class – not yet L
24. Have 30 Tech-free days over the year (so this is 2-3per month) FAIL & I can’t see this happening I am seriously tied to my phone most days.
25. Get Emily baptised I have investigated getting this done & we have asked our good friends to be her god parents, however nailing an actual date for the service hasn’t happened yet.
26. Get tested for food allergens/sensitivities – again I have spoken to the GP who thinks this is a crock of crap, so for now I continue to avoid foods that make me bloat or fart too much
27. Plant fruit trees at the new house – nope as we don’t have a new house
28. Establish a veggie garden at the new house nope as we don’t have a new house however I have had the veggie patch at our rental cranking, producing peas, spinach, lettuce, beans, tomatoes, strawberries & spring onions.
29. Put fresh flowers in my kitchen at least once each month – unfortunately this hasn’t happened **Sad face**
30. Learn more about breastfeeding & study to become a lactation consultant – YAY My information pack from the ABA came today so I am getting started on my breastfeeding counselling training.
Do you have a checklist of things to get done this year? Care to share any major items?